Remove one or more courses from a schedule but remained enrolled in at least one credit.
Students may drop one or more courses after the start of a term or session based upon the deadlines noted below. Please see the Bursar’s Office website for information regarding drop fees and refunds.
Regular 14-week semester long courses or longer:
- Courses dropped within the first 2 weeks of the session will not receive an academic grade.
- Courses dropped within the third through eighth weeks of the session will receive an academic grade of ‘W’.
Sessions less than 14 weeks:
- Courses dropped within the first week of the session will not receive an academic grade.
- Courses dropped within the second week through the first half (50%) of the session will receive an academic grade of ‘W’.
After the Drop Deadline has passed, a student may submit a Late Drop Petition for review by the Enrollment Review Committee. Petitions are only approved for extenuating circumstances with supporting documentation. If a late drop is granted, students remain responsible for the tuition and fees assessed for the course as they received instruction and held a seat in the course. Courses dropped through the Late Drop Petition will receive an academic grade of ‘W’.
- Regular 14-week semester long courses or longer: The Late Drop Petition is required within the ninth week through the last day of classes.
- Sessions less than 14 weeks: The Late Drop Petition is required during the second half (50%) of the session.
A week is defined as 7 calendar days, beginning on the first day of a term or session, for the purposes of adds, drops or withdrawal deadlines.
Tuition refunds and/or withdrawal fees vary by length of course and date of transaction. Please consult the Fee deadlines for the appropriate semester on the Bursar website for more details. Please note that financial deadlines are different from academic deadlines.