Nursing Leadership/Management Certificate
The complexity and constant changes in today's healthcare environment require transformational leadership knowledge and skills to enable nurses in leadership or management roles to be successful. The UW-Green Bay Nursing Certificate in Leadership/Management prepares registered nurses (RNs) for these challenges in settings across the healthcare spectrum.
The UW-Green Bay Nursing Leadership/Management certificate is available for BSN-prepared RNs in any healthcare setting who are seeking leadership or management positions or who are already working as a nurse leader or manager and want to enhance their skills. Students seeking the certificate complete four graduate courses, one each semester, that can seamlessly transfer into the MSN leadership and management degree. Please note, this program is 100% online.
What Will You Learn?
- Strategies to motivate and lead staff
- Financial management and Excel budgeting
- Effects of legislative, economic, and policy on nursing and healthcare
- Advances in nursing informatics
Upon completion of the following four courses, the student will receive the Nursing Leadership/Management certificate.
|NURSING 741||Theories of Organizational Behavior and Nursing Leadership||3|
|NURSING 745||Health Economics and Policy||3|
|NURSING 760||Informatics for Nursing Leaders||3|
|NURSING 780||Financial Management for Nurses||3|
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3.0 grade point average. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission
How to Apply as a Graduate Special Student (non-degree seeking):
- UW System Application for Graduate Special Status: apply.wisconsin.edu
- Official transcript showing proof of a bachelor of science in nursing degree sent to UWGB Admissions at email@example.com directly from the institution that issued the degree. Note: students who completed their BSN at UWGB do not have to submit official transcripts.
- International students will also need to provide the following documentation:
How to Apply as a Current, UWGB Degree Seeking Graduate Student:
Progress to Completion
- Candidate applies to the Nursing Leadership and Management Certificate program by submitting the appropriate materials.
- Candidate is admitted to the Nursing Leadership and Management Certificate program by the UWGB Program Chair.
- Student fulfills the program course requirements.
- Students completing a graduate degree program at UWGB will have the certificate posted to their transcripts upon conferral of their graduate degree.
- Students who are not completing a graduate degree may request certificate verification from the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.