Data Science Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Data Science will serve as an additional and early credential for Master of Science in Data Science degree-seeking students as well as a freestanding certificate program for non-degree (i.e. certificate-only) students who may or may not elect to pursue the full masters degree following completion of the certificate.
This program will help working professionals like management analysts, computer and information research scientists, statisticians, database administrators, computer systems analysts, market research analysts, marketing specialists and others who require increased competency in this specialty area. Please note, this program is 100% online.
|DS 700||Foundations of Data Science||3|
|DS 710||Programming for Data Science||3|
|DS 715||Data Warehousing||3|
|DS 735||Communicating About Data||3|
|DS 740||Data Mining||3|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3.0 grade point average. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission.
How to Apply as a Graduate Special Student (non-degree seeking):
- UW System Application for Graduate Special Status: apply.wisconsin.edu
- Official transcript showing proof of a bachelor's degree sent to UWGB Admissions at email@example.com directly from the institution that issued the degree. Note: students who completed their bachelors at UWGB do not have to submit official transcripts.
- A resume or CV.
- Prerequisite survey
- International students will also need to provide the following documentation:
How to Apply as a Current, UWGB Degree Seeking Graduate Student:
Progress to Completion
- Candidate applies to the Data Science Certificate program by submitting the appropriate materials.
- Candidate is admitted to the Data Science Certificate program by the UWGB Program Chair.
- Student fulfills the program course requirements.
- Students completing a graduate degree program at UWGB will have the certificate posted to their transcripts upon conferral of their graduate degree.
- Students who are not completing a graduate degree may request certificate verification from the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.