Foundations of Biodiversity Conservation and Management Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in the Foundations of Biodiversity Conservation and Management will provide students with an essential overview of the major issues related to conservation ecology, as well as how conservation issues are researched and monitored. Additionally, through this three, three-credit online course curriculum, learners will gain insight into the design and management of conservation strategies. Please note that this program is 100% online.
|BCM 700||Conservation Ecology||3|
|BCM 705||Conservation Research and Monitoring||3|
|BCM 710||Conservation Design and Management||3|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3.0 grade point average. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission
How to Apply as a Graduate Special Student (non-degree seeking):
Please send the following materials to the Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com.
- UW System Application for Graduate Special Status: apply.wisconsin.edu
- Official transcript showing proof of a bachelor's degree sent to UWGB Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the institution that issued the degree. Note: students who completed their bachelors at UWGB do not have to submit official transcripts.
- International students may also need to provide the following documentation:
- A test of English proficiency (TOEFL, Duolingo, or IELTS)
- Course-by-course transcript evaluation from a professional evaluation service currently recognized by NACES. UWGB recommends one of the following evaluation services:
How to Apply as a Current, UWGB Degree Seeking Graduate Student:
Progress to Completion
- Candidate applies to the Foundations of Biodiversity Conservation and Management certificate program by submitting the appropriate materials.
- Candidate is admitted to the Foundations of Biodiversity Conservation and Management certificate program by the UWGB Program Chair.
- Student fulfills the program course requirements.
- Students completing a graduate degree program at UWGB will have the certificate posted to their transcripts upon conferral of their graduate degree.
- Students who are not completing a graduate degree may request certificate verification from the Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com.