Applied Bioinformatics Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Bioinformatics will provide students with relevant training to gain entry into professional bioinformatics positions. The curriculum consists of four, three-credit, online courses that are designed for students to process biological data from scientific research, such as large-scale genomics and other molecular and biological datasets, using computation and analysis tools. Students will gain proficiency in applied statistics, machine learning, data visualization, programming, and other techniques that aid in scientific discovery. Please note this program is 100% online.
|ABT 720||Experimental Design and Analysis in Biotechnology (Required)||3|
|ABT 730||Python for Bioinformatics (Required)||3|
|ABT 780||Bioinformatic Inquiry (Required)||3|
|ABT 785||Applications of Bioinformatics (Required)||3|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, including at least one General Biology course with lab.
- 3.0 grade point average. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission
How to Apply as a Graduate Special Student (non-degree seeking):
- UW System Application for Graduate Special Status: apply.wisconsin.edu
- Official transcript showing proof of a bachelor's degree sent to UWGB Admissions at email@example.com directly from the institution that issued the degree. Note: students who completed their bachelors at UWGB do not have to submit official transcripts.
- International students will also need to provide the following documentation:
How to Apply as a Current, UWGB Degree Seeking Graduate Student:
Progress to Completion
- Candidate applies to the Applied Bioinformatics Certificate program by submitting the appropriate materials.
- Candidate is admitted to the Applied Bioinformatics Certificate program by the UWGB Program Chair.
- Student fulfills the program course requirements.
- Students completing a graduate degree program at UWGB will have the certificate posted to their transcripts upon conferral of their graduate degree.
- Students who are not completing a graduate degree may request certificate verification from the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.