Transfer Policy

Transfer of Graduate Credits

Up to 50% of graduate coursework can be completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and applied toward a UW-Green Bay graduate degree. Individual programs may accept fewer credits. Transfer courses can be approved by graduate faculty as direct equivalencies (i.e. similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our graduate curriculum) to UW-Green Bay graduate courses. If granted as graduate elective credit to meet a program requirement, a course substitution is made. 

Foreign institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country. To receive credit for courses that you have taken at another college or university outside the United States, you should must submit your academic records to a professional evaluation service currently recognized by NACES ( for review. UW-Green Bay recommends one of the following evaluation services:

All outcomes, once approved, should be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar to be transacted on the academic record. All remaining coursework must be completed at UW-Green Bay, with the total UW-Green Bay credits accounting for a minimum of 50% of the required program credits.