Guidelines for Majors and Minors
- Majors will consist of a minimum of 30 credits with at least 24 credits at the upper level.
- Minors will consist of a minimum of 18 credits with at least 12 credits at the upper level. The exceptions are Mathematics, Music, Art, and Theatre.
- The official transcript will include only type of degree and date earned; major(s), minor(s), and All-University Honors, Distinction in the Major and any Semester Honors achieved. Certificates are only transcribed if a Bachelor's degree is earned.
- Diplomas will carry only the degree (B.A., B.S., etc.) and All-University Honors if achieved.
- Overlapping of requirements for majors, minors, and professional programs with the general education requirements is permitted.
- Courses may not count for two requirements in a major, minor, professional program or general education.
- Majors, minors and professional programs may declare that their requirements are valid for a maximum period of five years following the final approval of a student’s academic plan.
Students with Two or More Majors
Students who declare two or more majors at the same time are granted only one baccalaureate degree and receive only one diploma upon graduation. If the majors declared have different degree designations, then the student must choose which degree they want to receive. All successfully completed majors are recorded on the student’s academic transcript.