(also known as Semester Honors)
- Acknowledgement of academic excellence for a semester and awarded by the academic Dean.
- Dean’s List semester honors are awarded on a semester basis.
- Semester Honors are denoted on the academic transcript in the specific semester awarded.
- Students are eligible to earn semester honors if they are enrolled in a minimum of 12 graded credits for the semester. If any courses of the 12 total credits are graded as pass/fail or audited basis a student would not be eligible for this designation.
- If all grades are not submitted at the time the Dean's List is run on individual student records, the designation may not appear until final grades are received and recorded to the record.
Students will be recognized at the commencement ceremony and honors cords provided if these two requirements are met:
- the student’s cumulative grade point average meets the minimum requirements at the end of the semester preceding their final term; and
- graded credits in residence, including credits in progress during her/his final term at UW-Green Bay, total a minimum of 48.
AAS candidates are not eligible for graduation honors
All-University Academic Honors
Acknowledgment of overall academic excellence at the university level upon completion of a Bachelor degree and completing 48 regularly graded (GPA calculations do not include P-NC or audit graded courses or course grade points removed via Academic Forgiveness appeals process) credits taken in residence at UW-Green Bay.
Honors requirements for students who earn Bachelor degrees are:
- Cum Laude designation requires a cumulative grade point average from 3.500 to 3.749;
- Magna Cum Laude designation requires a cumulative grade point average from 3.750 to 3.849;
- Summa Cum Laude designation requires a cumulative grade point average of 3.850 or higher; or a cumulative grade point average of 3.750 to 3.849 and eligibility for and successful completion of an honors in the major project.
Honors cords are issued and honors designation earned is denoted on the commencement program based on cumulative GPA earned in the semester prior to commencement ceremony.
Final honors designation is transcribed on the diploma issued and academic transcript record once all outstanding grades are issued. All University Honors can be rescinded, increased or added upon final assessment of grades and degree requirements in the final semester.
There are no exceptions to these rules.