Audit Enrollment (U/S grade)
- A student may elect to enroll in a course but not receive a letter grade.
- Degree seeking students may audit a course by requesting a change to the grade basis using the Grade Change/Audit form which is approved by the faculty instructor.
- Special student only auditors (course takers) use the same Grade Change/Audit form. Several conditions apply to audit only students and are highlighted in detail on the request form or Bursar information page. Click here for more information.
- Audit grading option, is not reversible after add/drop deadline for the respective course.1
- Audit classes do not count toward degree requirements.
- Students can audit any undergraduate courses except:
- Independent study
- Honors projects
- Professional courses in Education, Nursing, and Social Work
- Adult Degree courses open to BAS and BA-ILS majors only
- Graduate-level courses
Add/Drop deadlines vary by length of course.
Courses have an add period in which a new grading option can be requested and approved using the appropriate forms mentioned above.