2019-2020 Undergraduate Catalog Academic Catalog

Connect on youtube

Degree-Seeking Students


Application Procedures for Degree-Seeking Students

Degree-seeking students applying to UW-Green Bay should submit the University of Wisconsin undergraduate application. The application can be found online at www.apply.wisconsin.edu. If you prefer a paper application, you can print a PDF from that website.

Test Scores

Freshman applicants, and transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 15 transferable college credits at the time of application, must submit official ACT/SAT test scores prior to an admission decision being made. Test scores must be transmitted to UW-Green Bay directly from the testing agency. Personal copies, photocopies, or scores recorded on a high school transcript are not considered official.


New freshmen must request that a copy of the high school transcript be sent directly to the Office of Admissions at UW-Green Bay. Many students are admitted to the University on the basis of grades earned through the junior year in high school, plus a listing of the classes carried in the senior year. In this way, they may be admitted before high school graduation. The University must receive a final copy of the transcript after graduation to verify that the student has, indeed, graduated and has maintained a satisfactory academic record. This must be received prior to the student beginning classes at UW-Green Bay.

Changes on a transcript from what was originally reported (for example, dropped or failed classes or a drop in GPA) may alter the admission decision. A cancellation of admission may result, especially if there is a serious drop in GPA and grades.

Other students may be asked to provide grades through the senior year of high school to assist the Admissions Review Committee in making the best possible evaluation of their potential for achievement.

Students who hold GED or HSED diplomas must have an official score report for the GED/HSED sent directly to UW-Green Bay by the agency or school.

Transfer students must request that official transcripts be sent directly to UW-Green Bay from all post-secondary schools attended. Transfer students with fewer than 15 completed transferable credits must also have a high school transcript and official ACT/SAT scores sent directly to UW-Green Bay.

All students who have attended nursing, business, and vocational and technical colleges must submit those transcripts as well. (Transcripts from noncollege training schools attended as part of military service are not required.) Students must submit the records whether or not the work was completed and regardless of their desire to request UW-Green Bay credit for the courses.

Credits from Wisconsin Technical College System campuses may be accepted on a limited basis, in the areas of general education, science and math. In addition, many nursing programs have articulation agreements for students entering the UW-Green Bay Nursing Completion Program that may allow for transfer of additional credits. Credit transfer equivalencies between UW campuses and the WTCS campuses can be found at http://tis.uwsa.edu.


Admission application priority dates are tentative and may change depending upon enrollment capacities. Applications submitted after priority dates will be considered as space permits. Applications typically are accepted after the priority dates listed below. Deadlines can be found for the current application term at http://www.uwgb.edu/admissions/deadline/.   

Application Fee

A non-refundable application fee is required of anyone applying for admission as a new freshman and for most transfer students. The fee is currently $50. The fee is not required if you last attended a UW Colleges (freshman/sophomore) campus as a degree-seeking student, or if you previously attended UW-Green Bay as a degree-seeking student. The application fee is subject to change based on the actions of the University of Wisconsin System. If the application fee is a hardship for your family please submit the application fee waiver http://www.uwgb.edu/admissions/files/fee-waiver-request.pdf