2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog Academic Catalog

Connect on youtube

Transfer Students


Credit Evaluation

Transfer students will receive an official credit evaluation after admission to UW-Green Bay. The accreditation status of the previous institution(s) attended and the quality of student achievement are factors for determining course and credit transferability.

Credit evaluations are started after all transcripts have arrived at UW-Green Bay and the student has been admitted; the final evaluation is held until a final transcript showing grades from the last term is received.

General Education Requirements

A student who transfers to UW-Green Bay must satisfy UW-Green Bay General Education requirements by completing or transferring courses that meet the UW-Green Bay General Education requirements that are in effect at the time of enrollment.

Students who transfer to UW-Green Bay from a University of Wisconsin Colleges two-year campus after earning the Associate of Arts and Sciences degree (degree earned 1991 to present only) will be considered to have fulfilled UW-Green Bay’s General Education requirements and will then be required to complete all degree and graduation requirements including the senior capstone requirement.

As listed below, degrees from the following institutions also satisfy all lower-level general education requirements:

o College of Menominee Nation – Associate of Arts and Sciences

o Liberal Arts/University Transfer Associate Degrees from the 5 WI Technical Colleges:

  • Chippewa Valley Technical College

  • Milwaukee Area Technical College

  • Madison Area Technical College

  • Nicolet Area Technical College

  • Western Technical College

o Any Minnesota State College and University (MnSCU) – Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree meeting Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) requirements.

o Any Illinois community college Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree meeting the requirements of the Illinois Articulation Initiative Gen Ed Curriculum (IAI GECC).

A Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university will satisfy all lower-level general education courses, as well as Math/English Competency. Ethnic Studies may be satisfied by an appropriate transfer course.

Transferable Coursework

Credit is awarded for college-level course work completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic program

To receive credit for courses that you have taken at another college or university outside the United States, you should submit your academic records to a professional evaluation service for review. Foreign institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country.  UW-Green Bay recommends one of the following evaluation services:

For undergraduate students, continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable.