College of Science, Engineering and Technology
The College of Science, Engineering and Technology offers a diverse array of graduate degrees through the departments of Human Biology, Natural and Applied Sciences, and the Richard J. Resch School of Engineering. These include online master's degree programs in Applied Biotechnology, Cybersecurity, and Sustainable Management, as well as traditional face-to-face programs in Athletic Training and Environmental Science and Policy. Faculty in the College are accomplished teachers and scholars who provide high quality instruction and hands-on teaching and research experiences to students in laboratory and field settings. The College has consistently obtained funding from local, state, and federal sources to support on-campus and community-based research projects that actively engage graduate students. The College also supports two seminar series (Human Biology and Natural and Applied Sciences) and several student organizations, while also providing numerous named scholarships for students. The state-of-the art laboratory and research facilities include a human cadaver laboratory, an instrumentation laboratory, a scanning electron microscope, a cybersecurity laboratory, and numerous other research laboratories. In addition to the laboratory and research facilities associated with Human Biology, Natural and Applied Sciences, and the Resch School of Engineering, the College also includes the Cofrin Center for Biodiversity and the Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI), which both provide research and internship opportunities. The College also has a partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin-St. Norbert Campus, with faculty in Human Biology providing instruction to Medical College of Wisconsin students.
Students in the College of Science and Technology will have the opportunity to:
- Gain important knowledge and skills pertinent to their chosen field of study
- Develop critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Engage in hands-on teaching and research experiences
- Utilize modern laboratories and equipment
- Learn in an interdisciplinary environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Become a complete student and citizen by participating in internships, travel courses, and other extracurricular activities
- Fully prepare themselves for their next professional ambition – whether it be employment, further credentialing, or graduate/clinical education.