2014-2015 Undergraduate Catalog Academic Catalog

Connect on youtube

This is an archived copy of the 2014-2015 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://catalog.uwgb.edu.

Transfer Students

UW-Green Bay Admissions Office website: www.uwgb.edu/admissions/

Credit Evaluation

Transfer students will receive an official credit evaluation to determine what courses and credits can be accepted to fulfill UW-Green Bay requirements. The accreditation status of the previous institution or institutions attended and the quality of a student’s achievement are factors for determining course and credit transferability.

Credit evaluations for the current semester will be started after all transcripts have arrived at UW-Green Bay and the student has been admitted. If a student is enrolled at another college when accepted at UW-Green Bay, a tentative evaluation will be completed and sent; the final evaluation will be held until a final transcript showing grades from the last term is received. Then the evaluation will be completed and e-mailed directly to the student’s UW-Green Bay e-mail address.

General Education Requirements

A student who transfers to UW-Green Bay must satisfy General Education requirements by completing or transferring courses which meet the General Education requirements that are in effect at the time of enrollment. Current General Education information can be found at http://www.uwgb.edu/liberal-arts/general-ed/ .

Students who transfer to UW-Green Bay from one of the two-year University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses after having earned the Associate of Arts and Sciences degree will be considered to have fulfilled UW-Green Bay’s General Education requirements, with the possible exception of the new student seminar and/or the senior capstone experience.

Transfer students will be informed in writing by the Registrar’s Office of their standing with respect to fulfilling General Education requirements on the credit evaluation.

Transferable Coursework

In order to be credited as transferable coursework, the course must be successfully completed at an accredited college or university. Also, each course must have a “D” grade or better in order to receive degree credit.